per person (2 Guest Minimum)
Tour #22 – The USS Bowfin Submarine’s Captain’s Tour from Ko Olina
- Available Monday – Friday
- Only 1 tour a day being offered, be sure to book early
- Approximately 4-hour tour
- Chauffeur driven, newer model, all black, airconditioned, fully insured, Mercedes-Benz Metris or similar Royal Hawaiian Limousine luxury vehicle. (Additional guests might also be on the same vehicle and tour)
- Besides offering our passengers the newest and most comfortable vehicles on the market, it’s our chauffeurs who make our tours the best on Oahu. Each of tour drivers goes through extensive background checks, along with intensive driver’s safety training and special 5-star training on providing “First Class Service” to our clients. Each of our chauffeurs has years of tour guide experience and are constantly trained in providing quality tours to our passengers. Your driver will share special insider knowledge about living in Hawaii, and Hawaiian history during the tour that you don’t find in guide books! Chauffeur driven tours are available in English, Japanese, Spanish, German, Tagalog, Visayan, and Persian.
In conjunction of the 75th anniversary of the end of WWII, the management of the USS Bowfin Submarine and Royal Hawaiian Limousine have teamed up to offer an exceptional tour. Hosted by a retired US Submarine Captain, this incredible tour takes you and your family on an exclusive tour of the USS Bowfin Submarine and of the WWII Submarine Waterfront Memorial.
USS Bowfin Submarine: The USS Bowfin Submarine was launched December 7, 1942, exactly one year after the attack on Pearl Harbor and was nick named the “Pearl Harbor Avenger”. Credited for sinking 44 major ships on nine war patrols, the USS Bowfin fulfilled its nick name and became one of the most decorated submarines of World War II.
The USS Bowfin (SS-287) provides visitors with a rare glimpse at life on a submarine during World War II and has such incredible stories to share. It is considered the best preserved and most visited submarine that served in WWII. This Balao-Class Submarine was relatively intact when the Navy turned her over to the Pacific Submarine Museum Association in 1979, unlike many of her sister ships which were scrapped or used for target practice by other naval vessels. That means the USS Bowfin still bears most of her original equipment.
WWII Submarine Waterfront Memorial: This Memorial is located shoreside, along-side the USS Bowfin and features 52 markers with the names of 3,600 U.S. submariners who gave their lives in service to their country during WWII. Each plaque tells the story of a different WWII submarine, its war missions and the crew that was lost. Although the submarine service was the smallest military unit, they made the greatest sacrifice in terms of loss of life — one in five of the nearly 18,000 crewmembers who went into battle never returned to port.
Kaiten – A Kamikaze Suicide Manned Torpedo – USS Bowfin Park is host to the only authentic WWII Kaiten on display in the United States. Hundreds of these Kaitens were built at the end of the second world war by Japanese to defend their homeland. Learn how these suicide torpedoes worked and how the Japanese stationed hundreds of these Kaitens along their coastline to sink large US ships.
This is a chance in a lifetime to spend time with an actual retired captain of a US nuclear submarine and hear the stories of WWII, and how the current and future submarines will conduct undersea warfare.
- The highest level, private chauffeur service will be provided throughout the tour
- Narrated tour to Pearl Harbor
- Complimentary juice and cold bottle of water
- Admission to USS Bowfin Submarine
- The exclusive Captain’s Tour allows their guests to even visit the control tower of the USS Bowfin which is off limited to the public
- Captain’s narrated tour of the World War II Submarine Waterfront Memorial.
- Captain’s narrated tour of their WWII Japanese Kaiten
- Shopping time at USS Bowfin’s Museum Store
- Chauffeur gratuities is not included, recommended at 15%
Pearl Harbor Visitor Center- Please be advised that the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center has a strict no bag policy. Visitors are allowed to bring their wallet, phone, camera (no camera bag) and bottled water.
USS Bowfin Submarine- Tour is not wheelchair accessible and may not be conducive for slow walkers since the stairway into and out of the Submarine are very steep. For safety reasons, children under 4 are not allowed on the USS Bowfin. This program is based on availability and is available Monday – Friday. The Pearl Harbor Visitor Center is closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year Days.
Royal Hawaiian Limousine– Rates are subject to tax. Full refunds are available if reservations are cancelled at least 2 days before the date of service. Royal Hawaiian Limousine shall not be liable for any injury, loss, damage or accident to persons or property of any individual on the tour from any cause beyond its control.
- Retail – Per Person $650.00 (2 Guest Minimum)
Clients may cancel their tour reservations at least minimum of 48 hours before the scheduled date. All approved cancellations are covered by our 100% money-back guarantee. Cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to the date of service will not be accepted, thus, payments are not refundable. “No shows” will be considered service rendered. Hence, payments made are also non-refundable.
- All refunds will be credited to your account within 2 to 4 weeks after cancellation date.
- If you need to change your tour date because of a change in schedule, there will be no extra charge for you; however, all changes are subject to availability.
Royal Hawaiian Limousine LLC is owned by Royal Hawaiian Tour and Limousine LLC. We respect the privacy of its users. We sometimes collect information during your visits to understand what differentiates you from each of our thousands of other users.
In order to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, we have prepared this statement disclosing the privacy practices for the entire Royal Hawaiian Limousine site. Additional terms and conditions, if any, regarding the collection and use of your information may also be provided to you before you sign up for a particular service.
Here, you will learn what personal identifiable information of yours is collected, how and when we might use your information, how we protect your information, who has access to your information, and how you can correct any inaccuracies on the information.
For immediate answers to your questions, please call us at (808) 275-6030 or drop us an e-mail message at firstname.lastname@example.org.